5 reasons why everyone needs a will
- Control over distribution of assets: A will is a legal document that allows you to control how your assets and property will be distributed after your death. Without a will, your assets will be distributed according to the laws of BC, which may not align with your wishes.
- Designate guardians for minor children: If you have minor children, a will allows you to name a guardian, who will be responsible for their care if you die before they reach adulthood. Without a will, the court will decide who will take care of your children.
- Minimize family disputes: A clear and legally binding will prepared by an estate planning lawyer can help prevent family disputes over your estate by clearly stating your wishes for the distribution of your assets.
- Choose an executor: A will allows you to appoint an executor to manage your estate after your death. This can help ensure that your wishes are carried out as you intended. If you don’t name an executor, the court will appoint one for you.
- Peace of mind: Having a will can provide peace of mind knowing that your affairs are in order and that your wishes will be respected and carried out after your death.
Convinced? Call our experienced wills lawyers to discuss finally getting your will properly prepared.